- The Wine
DetailsAn impressive Merlot at an affordable price. Just a touch of oak and a lot of complexity for a wine at this price point.
In Depth:Vinified in the Bordelaise style with a maceration period of 9-12 days at 28–30°C in stainless-steel tanks. 15% of the wine is matured in oak casks of 34 to 42 hectolitres while the other 85% is aged for over 10 months in 2 or 3 year old barriques.
tasting notes:Color: Intense ruby. Bouquet: Intense, harmonic and complex. Smell of ripe red berry fruits, delicate roasted notes and spicy tones. Palate: Fruity and fresh, a well-bodied and pleasant wine. Very good balance, long finish.
- Vintage Information
Product code 41GB03 Bottle Size 0.75 Winemaker Guido Brivio Serving Suggestion 16°C. Featured Themes Coming Soon Style Red, Single Variety, Dry, Still Variety Merlot Key Features Oaked, Vegetarian and Vegan Winemaking Malolactic Country Switzerland Region(s) Ticino Ripeness Normal Closure Synthetic Cork Aged In Barrel (old) Serving Temperature 16° C Vintages 2013, 2015, 2017 Last Tasted Sep 5, 2017 name: Baiocco vintage: 2017 size: 0.75 product code: [41GB0317] stock: 173 in London Warehouse
12 at Alpine Wines House
closure: Natural Cork name: Baiocco vintage: 2015 size: 0.75 product code: [41GB0315] stock: 1 at Alpine Wines House
closure: Natural Cork alcohol: 13 last checked in: 2017-09-05 name: Baiocco vintage: 2013 size: 0.75 product code:  alcohol: 12.8